What’s a BER assessment?
A Building Energy Rating Certificate is an indication of the energy performance of a home and if you are selling or renting your property (new build or existing) then you must have a BER rating (there are exemptions for certain categories of homes such as protected structures).
We can offer BER assessments to all of our clients at discounted rates. The rates are depending on the size and layout of the property but, as always, we promise a fair price policy.
Who carries out the BER assessment?
Our BER assessors are registered with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). As with all of our contractors, they are fully vetted and selected based, not only on their technical expertise, but also on their professionalism and courtesy.
How long does it take?
A typical assessment takes from 2-4 hours where the Assessor will typically collect 80 pieces of data. This data is then entered by the Assessor into a BER software tool in order to generate the BER.
What to prepare for the BER assessment:
- A recent electricity bill or the Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
- The approximate date of construction of the dwelling
- Details of any previously BER where available
- Drawings, plans or specifications of the dwelling if they are available
- Details of any upgrades that have been made to the dwelling e.g. insulation
- Details of the boiler e.g model number
- Make sure the Assessor has safe and unobstructed access to all areas of the dwelling
Once complete, the assessor will:
- Provide a copy of the BER Certificate and an Advisory Report
- Answer any queries you have relating to your dwelling’s BER certificate.
To see your BER on the national register follow this link and enter either the BER number of MPRN number for your dwelling.